Wednesday, December 14, 2011

In My Mailbox (19)

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren, where you create a post of the books you either received in the mail, bought at a bookstore, or borrowed from the library.


NOTE: If you're unfamiliar with how I do things with my IMM, I basically give a little back story to the books I have pictured. Also, if there are ARC's, I'll give a synopsis and date published.


 WON

~Legend (Legend #1) by Marie Lu, Dangerous Reflections and The Pledge swag: If you follow my blog at all, you know that Legend was also in my IMM last week. This is an ARC that I won from Ladybug Storytime, and so depending on how much I like Legend, I may be lending this ARC out or having a giveaway. Again, depends on how much I like Legend. Also, thanks so much to Kristina for sending this great swag with it! Now all I need is a copy of The Pledge! I will be reviewing this one.


 BOUGHT

~Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices #2) by Cassandra Clare: You knew it was inevitable! I'm loving it so far, though I'm seriously dreading the ending. I am SO Team Will and I don't like what I've been hearing in the online book world. As I've already finished it, you can read my review here.


~Between (Between #1) by Cyndi Tefft: Cyndi and I have been chatting it up a little on Twitter, and seeing all her Tweets about her male protagonist being Scottish, I couldn't pass up this one. Ya'll know me with my obsession with accents. It's really not healthy. I bought this in ebook form, which as of now is $0.99! I may be reviewing this one.

FOR REVIEW

~Bleeding Hearts (Drake Chronicles #4) by Alyxandra Harvey: So I have the first two books on my shelf, but I have to read them. This series sounds really great, but I'm starting to distance myself from vampire books for now. Vampire Academy took a lot out of me! Thanks to NetGalley! I will be reviewing this one.

PUBLICATION DATE: December 20th, 2011
The Drakes and friends will be tested when an infestation of deadly vampires threatens Violet Hill.

Lucy's cousin Christabel has come to live in Violet Hill, and adjusting to the difference between life in a small mountain town and her home in the city is difficult enough. The strict curfew that Lucy's parents enforce is the worst part. Something really dangerous couldn't possibly happen in this tiny town.
But Christabel has noticed some mysterious happenings, and it seems like Lucy, her boyfriend Nicholas and his brother Connor are all in on a secret that Christabel doesn't understand—one that seems deadly serious. Although she won't admit it, Christabel would love to be in on any secret with Connor Drake. But when she is kidnapped by the ruthless Hel-Blar vampires, Christabel must cause more and more trouble in Violet Hill, Lucy and Connor finally fill Christabel in on all the undead drama. Together, they must find a way to stamp out the Hel-Blar for good.

~The Demon Lover (Fairwick Chronicles #1) by Juliet Dark: As always, I am a sucker for covers, so when I saw this on NetGalley, I just had to have it! I will be reviewing this one.

PUBLICATION DATE: December 27th, 2011
I gasped . . . or tried to. My mouth opened, but I couldn’t draw breath. . . . His lips, pearly wet, parted and he blew into my mouth. My lungs expanded beneath his weight. When I exhaled he sucked in my breath and his weight turned from cold marble into warm living flesh.

Since accepting a teaching position at remote Fairwick College in upstate New York, Callie McFay has experienced the same disturbingly erotic dream every night: A mist enters her bedroom, then takes the shape of a virile, seductive stranger who proceeds to ravish her in the most toe-curling, wholly satisfying ways possible. Perhaps these dreams are the result of writing her bestselling book, The Sex Lives of Demon Lovers. After all, Callie’s lifelong passion is the intersection of lurid fairy tales and Gothic literature—which is why she finds herself at Fairwick’s renowned folklore department, living in a once-stately Victorian house that, at first sight, seemed to call her name.

But Callie soon realizes that her dreams are alarmingly real. She has a demon lover—an incubus—and he will seduce her, pleasure her, and eventually suck the very life from her. Then Callie makes another startling discovery: He’s not the only mythical creature in Fairwick. As the tenured witches of the college and the resident fairies in the surrounding woods prepare to cast out the incubus, Callie must accomplish something infinitely more difficult—banishing this demon lover from her heart.


~After the Snow by S. D. Crockett: As much as I don't like non-paranormal YA books, this one does sound interesting. I've sort of shied away from contemporary, but I'm not really sure what category this falls into. I will be reviewing this one.

PUBLICATION DATE: March 27th, 2012
Fifteen-year-old Willo was out hunting when the trucks came and took his family away. Left alone in the snow, Willo becomes determined to find and rescue his family, and he knows just who to talk with to learn where they are. He plans to head across the mountains and make Farmer Geraint tell him where his family has gone.

But on the way across the mountain, he finds Mary, a refugee from the city, whose father is lost and who is starving to death. The smart thing to do would be to leave her alone -- he doesn't have enough supplies for two or the time to take care of a girl -- but Willo just can't do it. However, with the world trapped in an ice age, the odds of them surviving on their own are not good. And even if he does manage to keep Mary safe, what about finding his family?


~Whisper (Riley Bloom #4) by Allyson Noel: I have yet to start this series, but I have books one and three (random, I know) signed on my shelves. This is a spin-off of her first paranormal series, so I guess we'll see. I will be reviewing this one.

PUBLICATION DATE: April 24th, 2012
This time, Riley might really have bitten off more than she’s ready for. After practically begging the Council for a more challenging Soul Catch, she is assigned an actual Roman gladiator—Theocoles, the Pillar of Doom. How is Riley, a skinny twelve-year-old, supposed to get through to him? Then she meets the beautiful Messalina, who convinces her that her only chance is to become part of this world. To accomplish this, Messalina helps Riley through a dramatic, mystical makeover, transforming her into the beautiful and mature teen she’s always wanted to be. Finally, Riley can experience her first boyfriend and her first kiss. With a dream this enchanting, will she ever want to leave?


~Life Is But a Dream by Brian James: I've always loved books where someone is actually crazy, so this one interests me. I also really like the cover! I will be reviewing this one.

PUBLICATION DATE: March 27th, 2012
Alec and Sabrina are crazy in love. Problem is: Sabrina’s really crazy.

Sabrina, an artist, is diagnosed with schizophrenia, and her parents check her into the Wellness Center. There she meets Alec, who is convinced it's the world that's crazy, not the two of them. They are meant to be together; they are special. But when Alec starts to convince Sabrina that her treatment will wipe out everything that makes her creative, she worries that she'll lose hold of her dreams and herself. Should she listen to her doctor? Her decision may have fatal consequences.


~Airel (The Airel Saga #1) by Aaron Patterson and Chris White: I received an e-copy of this book as part of blog tour that I'm doing in February. I'm not reviewing this one for the tour stop, but the author graciously sent me a copy to review at another time. I will be reviewing this one.


~Arson (Arson #1) by Estevan Vega: This is the title I will be reviewing for the blog tour I mentioned above. Also, I've been told the cover is going to change before then, and I'm interesting in what it'll look like. I will be reviewing this one.


~Pyxis (Pyxis #1) by K. C. Neal: Another book from the blog tour that I will eventually be reviewing. This was the one I was most interested in so I can't wait to start it! I will be reviewing this one.

What's in your mailbox this week? Leave a link so I can check it out!

8 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for covers too! The cover is what made me pick up Lauren Kate's FALLEN. Now I want to read THE DEMON LOVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So honored to be on this list! I hope you love Between. :)

    The cover and blurb for Demon Lover sucked me right in (no pun intended). It sounds fabulous!

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to be a common theme, people buying the books I get them for Christmas.... HMM!!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal, the Fallen series has amazing covers!

    Cyndi, I know I could not resist.

    Anna, well you either mean Legend (which I didn't put on my list to you) or Clockwork Prince, which means I'll have 3 copies now :DD I <3 you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh so many awesome books in your mailbox :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful ones :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-my-mailbox_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved both Legend and Clockwork Prince. Hope you enjoy them too! Happy Reading!
    Em
    My IMM
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how shiny the cover for Legend is.

    Also Clockwork Prince looks AWESOME!

    Happy reading :-)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.