Monday, December 19, 2011

Hunted: a YA paranormal fantasy/dystopian by Cheryl Rainfield



Caitlyn, a telepath, lives in a world where all paranormal talents are illegal. She is on the run from government ParaTroopers. When Caitlyn falls for Alex, a Normal, and discovers dangerous renegade Paranormals, she must choose between staying in hiding to protect herself or taking a stand to save the world.









Early praise:

"Spellbound by this one! HUNTED’s got my vote for the sharpest, most thought-provoking fantasy I’ve read in a long time. It’s hard not to fall in love with resilient, defiant Caitlyn, whose voice is as tough as it is pure.

Vividly realized and tightly wound, HUNTED builds tension on the edge of a knife. Its cut-glass style will hook you, and its brave and provocative themes are sure to stir up both emotions and conversation."

-Adele Griffin, Author of Where I Want to Be, National Book Award finalist, Kirkus Best Book, ALA Best Book


“In this suspenseful parable of prejudice and oppression, Rainfield creates unique, appealing characters we root for until the satisfying end.”

–Pam Bachorz, author of Candor, 2011 YALSA Popular Paperback


“With its eerily contemporary themes, Hunted will set your pulse to pounding as Caitlyn, struggles to cling to a faith in the basic goodness of humankind in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.”
--Cinda Williams Chima, The Demon King, A VOYA Perfect Ten, VOYA's Best Science Fiction, 2011 ALA Best Fiction for Young Adults list.


Here's the book trailer, which is pretty awesome!




And then the video where the author explains what inspired her to write Hunted:


She's also been posting a ton of free HUNTED goodies here, including a free short story tie-in, a comic strip, a postcard story, a "newspaper article", a questionnaire, and a Teacher's Guide.

You guys should definitely check this one out! It's on my TBR soon list, and the author was sweet enough to send me a copy. Definitely look for it on my currently reading list on the side. Another dystopian! So excited :)

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great read I'm curious about it!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.