Friday, December 16, 2011

Follow Friday (9)

Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.


Question of the Week: When you've read a book, what do you do with it? (Keep it, give it away, donate it, sell it swap it..?)

I am a selfish book hoarder. I feel free to admit that now to all of you, though you probably already knew. I rarely check out books from the library. It's not that we don't have a nice library (believe me, it was an expensive project), but I really like owning the book. I can get anything I want on it (by mistake of course) and I won't be ruining it for the next person. Also, I don't want to have to imagine where a stain on a library book came from... *shivers* What I do after that with my books is in levels, depending on how much I like the book, 1 being it was okay or hated it, and 4 being obsessively, madly in love.

Level 1: I sigh and shake my head, put it on the bookshelf that's not in my room and I usually never look at or in a storage bin in my closet, and it becomes forgotten (I really should swap these ones, maybe in the future).

Level 2: I kind of shrug  and give that "meh, it wasn't too bad" face, and stick it on a part of my shelf in my room that's meant for read books that I liked but wasn't in love with.

Level 3: I smile and nod my head, already thinking about what will happen next in the series, and put it either in the same spot as Level 2 or or just below my Level 4 favorites.

Level 4: There are multiple possibilities here. I can squee and grin like a frickin' idiot at how awesome this book or series is. I also sometimes stroke the books, like a loveable pet, and look at them longingly. These go on the top of my most accessible shelf in my room, where I can walk in, stare at them, get what I need and stare at them again when I walk back out. Then I go online and glare dejectedly at the release date for the next one in the series, and fight with myself on whether I should rush into my room, grab it, and read it again.

Now I'm sure you all wanted to know every bit of that! Let me know what you do with your "read" books in the comments below! :)

6 comments:

  1. I love that you have these levels! I think we all kind of do this! Great post!

    P.S. I'm also a book hoarder.

    My Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha I think your answer is the best I've read all day! My level fours are in the small bookcase by my bed :) Great answer and happy Friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I squee and grin too if that makes you feel better. LOL

    Here is my Follow Friday post

    Old follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there !! Great post today!! I just wanted to let you know that I have awarder you blog the Liebster Blog Award and would like you to check out the posting I did on my blog for it! Congrats! :)
    SarahS. @ WondrousReadings

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahah i love the levels!!!!!!!
    old followers

    Tara's FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit if the book is really pretty, I sometimes stroke and hug it tight! :)

    Old Follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.