Thursday, December 22, 2011

Follow Friday (10)

Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.


Question of the week: If you had to spend eternity inside the pages of a book, which book would you choose and why?

I get the feeling people are going to say Twilight, and to be honest the only reason I would want to live in that world is that Washington seems like a very beautiful place. Otherwise, no thank you. Way too much drama. I have two books where I'd love to live inside the pages, and that's the Harry Potter series and The Mortal Instruments books. 

Why Harry Potter? You have to admit that the moment you started this series, you wish you were Harry, whether you were a boy or a girl. Every kid wants magic to be real, and because people my age (over 18) basically grew up with the series and being the same ages as the characters, it was very easy to relate. But mostly, I think it's the idea that you could go away to a magical castle after thinking you're just a normal human. I think we were even willing to put up with the Dursley's if it meant we got to use magic and go to Diagon Alley.

Why The Mortal Instruments? I've always loved the world of the Shadowhunters. Despite all the darkness of it, I think it'd be awesome to be Nephilim. They have the coolest adventures and rich history. There's a kind of magic to it, even if it's not magic like it is in Harry Potter. But like Harry Potter, it has this place where they can use their angelic powers with other people like them. Also, any world with Jace is a world worth living in, even if he's in love with Clary. At least he'd be a good laugh.

What about you guys? What books would you love to live in? Tell me in the comments section or link me your FF

13 comments:

  1. I considered Hogwarts and Harry Potter but I'm such an Austen fan I had to opt for one of her classics.

    Happy Holidays.
    Anne@My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, Harry Potter FTW. Great answer! New follower!

    My Follow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. I definitely want to be part of Harry Potter and the Shadowhunter world. Probably HP a little more.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely to Harry Potter and The Mortal Instruments! I would want to live in those worlds and be a heroine!

    A new follower! :)
    Please check out my Follow Friday!
    http://forget8me8not.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't mind spending some time at Hogwarts at all. Good choice! :)
    New followers.

    Here's our #FF post

    Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your answers! TMI and HP are two of my all time favorite series, so I can agree with you there. :)

    Check out my blog here. New follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good choice with Mortal Instruments! :)

    New Follower! Come see my Friday too! :D And Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could do with some magic. Great picks. New follower on the hop.

    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
    My FFF...

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Mortal Instruments was one of my choices as well. Old follower! Here is my FF: Mom Reads My Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I'd definitely want to live in the Shadowhunter world!!! That would be EPIC!

    old follower and I love you<3

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both of these series. Great answers! Hope you have a great weekend!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to read the mortal instrument series I think. Nice choice.

    I'm a follower

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your answer! I wouldn't mind living in Hogwarts forever myself. :) New follower, Happy Holidays!

    Sarah @ Smitten over Books

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.