Thursday, December 29, 2011

Blogging Suprises of 2011 and Looking Forward to 2012

This is my first year of blogging, and really it's only been 6 months. But it has been an amazing 6 months! I couldn't have asked for better followers and better blogging friends. You all made this experience amazing :) So now I'm going to tell you about some surprising statistics since I started blogging.


Above was my first banner that I was toying with, but to be honest, I really liked the snow theme. And I hope you guys do too!

First off, I wasn't expecting so many awesome followers! I was expecting like 50 people at the most by this time of the year, but I have 177 instead! This amazes me and I'm so humble to everyone that's followed me. Your guys' comments make it all worth it!


This was a huge surprise for me, but apparently it's one of the top choices for when you search those words on Google, which is beyond awesome! Some other posts that had surprisingly high views (besides the few giveaways) were my review of Silence (Hush, Hush #3) by Becca Fitzpatrick, my review of Vampire Academy & Frostbite (Vampire Academy #1, 2) by Richelle Mead: review, In My Mailbox (19), Lauren Kate Cover Reveals and a special surprise, In My Mailbox (16), and my review of If I Die (Soul Screamers #5) by Rachel Vincent. I was so excited to see that my reviews are being read! That's what I was striving for as a blogger, because that's what matter most to me on this blog.

What I hope for the next year: I always hope for more followers, whether it's through GFC or you check back on the blog some other way. I love all my followers now, but it's nice to know that people follow my blog not just because the Follow Friday meme tells them to. I also hope to do more giveaways. I want you guys to know how much I appreciate you, but I'm a college student, so I'll do my best :) It will be a goal of mine to read more as well. It's such a strange thing, reading a book because someone sends you a copy for review, but it's motivated me to read more. I met my goal of 100 books for 2011, and I'm hoping I can do more for 2012.

Reading Challenges: This is the first time I'm doing any sort of reading challenge, besides the Goodreads one. I'm actually really excited, and I'm hoping that I can actually read all the books that I want to this year. Check out my reading challenges page, and see what I'm planning on reading for those. So far I have 57 books, which is at least half of my goal. I haven't decided my Goodreads goal yet, but I'm thinking maybe 125? What are your guys' reading goals for 2012?

I get the feeling 2012 is going to be an awesome year to be a reader of YA, and I'm so excited for all the books coming out this year. I can't wait to spend a whole new year with you all :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy six months of blogging! We've been blogging for six months too! :)

    I like your snow banner better, definitely a good choice! Here's to a great year in 2012 in book blogging!


    Nerd Girls at Books to the Sky

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.