Saturday, November 19, 2011

Tahereh Mafi Launch Party at Soka University of America

On Wednesday, I drove over two pain-filled hours to a launch party for the wonderful and amazing Tahereh Mafi, debut author of Shatter Me. I've already reviewed this one, which you can find here. If you haven't read it yet, you should definitely pick it up. Shatter Me is one of my favorite books of the year!


There were a lot more people than I expected (though some were family), and I met a few people that I had met at previous signings, which was awesome! Oh, and there's was cake. Delicious, decadent CAKE! With the cover of Shatter Me plastered on. Take a look:


Yes, that is Tahereh in the long red coat. She also had ridiculous wedge boots on, and so in real life, she's shorter than she looks. Also, notice the man with the camera standing on the ladder. At least Tahereh didn't need a latter so see us!

While I was waiting for the line for the signing to get smaller, I talked with Michelle and Alli from Authors Rock, plus another friend, Kristi, who I met on the Dark Days tour in Huntington Beach. It was so great to see them all again and we talked for a while. I spilled cake on the floor in the meantime, but you didn't need to know that...

When I finally did get my books signed, she also took a picture with me!


You can see Shatter Me down by my expectant hand. I actually finished re-reading it last night. Loved it even more than I did the first time!! And here's her wonderful signature (I hate pink, but somehow it fits this book).


This is the ARC. I'll feature the final signed copy that I bought there on my IMM next week. I wish this hadn't been so far, but it was totally worth it. And not trying to promote the college here, but the campus was beautiful! I hope Tahereh will come back out to SoCal for when the second book comes out! However long that is from now :(

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a lot of fun! I wish the signings I went to had cake!!! The last one I went to did have fries...

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.