Sunday, November 20, 2011

Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3) by Richelle Mead: review

Goodreads rating: 4.47
Paperback, 443 pages
Published November 13th 2008 by Razorbill

ISBN: 1595141979 (ISBN13: 9781595141972)
Is Rose's fate to kill the person she loves most? It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since Mason's death, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She has dark flashbacks in the middle of practice, can't concentrate in class, and has terrifying dreams about Lissa. But Rose has an even bigger secret .... She's in love with Dimitri. And this time, it's way more than a crush. Then Strigoi target the academy in the deadliest attack in Moroi history, and Dimitri is taken. Rose must protect Lissa at all costs, but keeping her best friend safe could mean losing Dimitri forever...

5/5

This series just became a heck of a lot more complicated! I've realized that all of my favorite series (besides the Infernal Devices) have been all out before I've started them. This is another one of those series. I wish I had more to say. I couldn't be happier that things with Dimitri finally took a more serious and *sigh* amazing step, but what happened at the end almost turned me off to the series. I'm actually nearing the end of Blood Promise now, and it's just killing me. If anyone deserved a hug, it's Rose Hathaway. She gets everything she wants, and then it's ripped from her. As if she doesn't have enough problems already.

Now she has to make a decision. Either way it isn't pretty. I just wish that the next book was the last one. This is one of those series where in the beginning you're happy there's six books because you feel like you could live in Rose's head forever. But at the end of Shadow Kiss, you almost wish that there weren't two more books keeping you from the end. I need closure! But, I'm close to finishing Blood Promise, and then hopefully I'll speed through Spirit Bound, and then Last Sacrifice will be all mine!

2 comments:

  1. My dear!
    Im not surprised at all that you loved this book.
    This one is my favorite of the series...hell!!! Im such a masochist! (see my last name XD)
    But it has such strong emotions n it. I coudlnt help but read it 3 times!!

    =D
    XOXO
    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you must be masochistic to read this one three times! This series is seriously giving me ulcers it's so painful, but I love it :DD

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.