Saturday, November 5, 2011

Maggie Stiefvater signing at Once Upon a Time recap




This month I attended an awesome signing with Maggie Stiefvater! Her and Scott Westerfeld are my favorite event authors EVER so far. They make it more than just a Q & A and a signing. Maggie graciously let us in on the secret of writing a Maggie Stiefvater novel. There are apparently 10 steps, but I'll let her tell you:




In case you didn't notice, she's hilarious and a great artist! I'm not sure if you can see it, but there's a copy of The Scorpio Races, her newest book, on the table that's drawn on. Well, that's because Maggie Sharpied it (beautifully I might add) and she gave it away! Sadly, I did not win it, but I saw it up close and personal and man it was awesome! Maggie really knows how to wield a Sharpie.


One of the things Maggie talks about is the research and I loved that. I'm starting research for the second book in my trilogy (the first is nearly finished!) and so I was glad I'm not the only crazy one when it comes to research. If only I could get a free ticket to Iceland to do some real research...

Oh, and I'm not sure if I caught it on video, but she did confirm that there will be a THIRD book in her faerie series, following Lament and Ballad. I was so excited to hear about this because I hate how they were left off. I realize that Maggie's goal in life is to leave us heartbroken and unsatisfied, but not enough to totally hate her. But, I thought she can't leave it off there! And she's not, thank god.


Here's her awesome signature! I got her to sign everything of hers that I own.






4 comments:

  1. Hi, Nicole!!

    WOW. You went to a Maggie Stiefvater signing?! You LUCKY, LUCKY girl!!!! Woot, woot!!!

    I have just watched the two videos you posted -- thanks for them, by the way -- and let me tell you, I was totally enthralled. Maggie is quite a character!

    I attended a signing of the third book in her werewolf trilogy, back in July of this year. Presenting their books along with Maggie were Meg Cabot and Libba Bray.

    I bought FOREVER, by Maggie, as well as ABANDON, by Meg Cabot. I got both of them signed by the authors!!

    I really liked that you included videos of Maggie explaining her "rules for writing a Maggie Stiefvater novel". Great idea!!

    Here's the link to my post. I wish I had thought of including a video myself! Oh, well...next time!

    http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/07/three-ya-authors-sign-books-in-south.html

    I will definitely be picking up a copy of THE SCORPIO RACES very soon!! Thanks for this post!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a lot of fun!! I'm so jealous you got to meet her. Have you read Scorpio Races yet? It was my OMW this week, so I'm really trying to get my hands on it :) Can't wait to see more signings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! I'm jealous you were able to meet Maggie. She seems like a total sweetheart. Unfortunately I don't get a lot of author events around where I live. The only signing I've been to was for Sarah Dessen and I drove an hour and 45 minutes to get there. Totally worth it though =) Glad to see you had fun!!!

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Maria! And I'm jealous that you got to go to a signing with those three authors!

    Anna, I haven't read it yet! It's sitting on my shelf, calling to me, but I've decided to crack down and read Vampire Academy.

    Kristan, I've had to drive so far for all the signings I went to last month! One took me 2 1/2 hours with L.A. traffic, but this was one of the closer ones.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.