Tuesday, November 22, 2011

In My Mailbox (16)

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren, where you create a post of the books you either received in the mail, bought at a bookstore, or borrowed from the library. If you'd like to know my thoughts about IMM, check out the link near the top of my blog called In My Mailbox. Simple, right? Anyway, onto the books!


NOTE: If you're unfamiliar with how I do things with my IMM, I basically give a little back story to the books I have pictured. Also, if there are ARC's, I'll give a synopsis and date published.



BOUGHT

~Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tahereh Mafi: I've already read this one (thanks to HarperCollins for an advanced copy!), but I knew I needed to spend money on this amazing book. You can find my review here. Also, I went to Tahereh's launch party on Wednesday!! I had my ARC signed and this final copy. She is so sweet and amazing.

~Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales by The Brother's Grimm: I bought this at Costco, because every author should have a copy of Grimm's Fairy Tales. There's just no way around it. Besides it's leather-bound and will look real perty on my shelf!


FOR REVIEW (NetGalley)

~Touch of Power (Healer #1) by Maria V. Snyder: This sounds very interesting! I have four (yes four) of Snyder's books, but I haven't read any of them. Maybe I'll get started with this one. I will be reviewing this one.

~dancergirl (WiHi Series #1) by Carol M. Tanzman: I was debating whether to request this one, but I decided why not? I've heard good things about it, so I thought I'd give it a try. I will be reviewing this one.

~On a Dark Wing by Jordan Dane: I have In the Arms of Stone Angels on my shelf, so I was excited when I was auto-approved by Harlequin Teen (thank you!!) and was able to get this one right away. I will be reviewing this one.

WON

~Swirls (Outsiders #1) by F. A. Hershey: I won this ebook on LibraryThing, and it sounds interesting. And that cover is amazing!! I will likely be reviewing this one.

FREE FOR KINDLE

~A Moonlit Night (A Moonlit Night #1) by Adrianna White: Who doesn't love a free book? And I like the cover as well. Very provocative!

~Starcrossed: Perigree (Starcrossed #1) by Tracey Lee Campbell: If you read the synopsis, this sounds very interesting. And I really like the cover. Definitely excited to read this one.

~Warriors of the Cross (The Warrior Series #1) by T. R. Graves: This one has always interested me, and I believe I got it free from Smashwords from a special being held by the author. It sounds really good and I can't wait to read it.













~Clockwork Angel (Infernal Devices #1) and City of Glass (Mortal Instruments #3) by Cassandra Clare (Unabridged Audiobooks): Amazon has this special deal going on where if you sign up for a 30-day trial membership for their audio site, you get two free audio books, and I've always wanted to listen to these two on audio in particular. This will be my first experience with audio, so I'm pretty excited!

10 comments:

  1. Such a pretty copy of Grimm's!
    Oh, so jealous you have your Shatter Me signed!

    I love-love-LOVED this book--It was AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it too, probably my favorite this year! I'm lucky I got to go to her launch party

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I saw Shatter Me in the store today! I haven't read it but I imagine I will at some point soon. :)

    I have yet to try an audio book but I've always been curious about one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really, really want to read Shatter Me! And that cover of Grimm's is beautiful. You sound like me with Snyder's books until I finally broke it this year with her Insider books. Definitely worth making time for her!

    My IMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh a signed Shatter Me! That's awesome Nicole! I also shop a lot at Costco for books! :D Wonderful mailbox my dear!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah!! You got a signed copy of Shatter Me? Amazing! :)

    I loved dancergirl!! Hope you enjoy it!

    Michele | IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Mailbox this week!
    Enjoy Shatter Me :)

    If you have a moment, please come and vote on your favorite YA Novel's Character:
    Here
    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you copy of the Grimm's! It's gorgeous. I haven't read Shatter Me yet, but I really need to do so soon. Lucky you for meeting her!
    Em
    My IMM
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you haven't read Shatter Me, definitely get a copy of it! It's absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want Shatter Me! I loved Dancergirl!

    Check out my IMM! I just started my blog so it is my very first one!
    http://somelikeitparanormall.blogspot.com/2011/11/weekly-meme-hosted-by-story-siren-this.html

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.