Tuesday, November 1, 2011

In My Mailbox (13)

So of course it's only fitting that my 13th IMM would be the day after Halloween. I, of course, planned it that way.

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren, where you create a post of the books you either received in the mail, bought at a bookstore, or borrowed from the library. If you'd like to know my thoughts about IMM, check out the link near the top of my blog called In My Mailbox. Simple, right? Anyway, onto the books!


NOTE: If you're unfamiliar with how I do things with my IMM, I basically give a little back story to the books I have pictured. Also, if there are ARC's, I'll give a synopsis and date published.

Bought


~Awake at Dawn by C.C. Hunter: I bought the first book of this series at the R.T. Convention earlier this year and C.C. was there to sign it! This is one of those series where I'm excited to read it, but not dying to read it, if you know what I mean. I do love the love triangles though. I may be reviewing this one.

Free for Amazon Kindle


~The Glass Wall by Madison Adler and Carmen Caine: I'm not really sure why I decided to download this but I thought I'd give it a try. The premise sounds interesting and the cover is pretty cool. I'll let you know.


~Hollowland (The Hollows #1) by Amanda Hocking: I actually have another of her books (from the Switched series I believe) but I have yet to read any of her stuff. And I've heard great things. It just goes to show you that if you're a great writer, you can self-publish and do very well. I may be reviewing this one.

Won


~Rex Rising by Chrystalla Thoma: I won this e-book from the members giveaway on LibraryThing, and it sounds interesting. Besides I really like the cover. They need more covers with guys on them, because, really that's all we care about is the hot guy. I will be reviewing this one.

For review (NetGalley)


~Between the Sea and Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore: I've been looking forward to this one, and amazingly I found it on NetGalley (I saw on a fellow blogger's review that that's where they had gotten it from). It's recently released as well. I'll be reviewing this one.


~Fracture by Megan Miranda: Might I say, I LOVE this cover. And it sounds super interesting! I will be reviewing this one.

PUBLICATION DATE: January 17th, 2012 (Walker & Company)


Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine
-despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?
Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?
For fans of best-sellers like Before I Fall and If I Stay, this is a fascinating and heart-rending story about love and friendship and the fine line between life and death.



 ~The Next Door Boys by Jolene B. Perry: This has already been released. It's a bit of a change-up from my usual paranormal stuff, but I'm excited to read it. I mean, even just going by the title I can tell I will love it! I will be reviewing this one.


~If I Tell by Janet Gurtler: This has already been released. The premise sounds a little strange, but I'm definitely willing to give it a try. This is another one that's not paranormal, but we all need some variety. Right? I will be reviewing this one.


~Fractured Light by Rachel McClellan: This one is sounding pretty crazy, but also very interesting! I can't wait to read it. I will be reviewing this one.



PUBLICATION DATE: February 8th, 2012 (Sweetwater Books)


I'm dying, I thought. This was unexpected and not at all how I envisioned my death. I was supposed to die gardening in a flowerbed as a hundred-year-old woman, not as a seventeen-year-old trapped in a lake beneath inches of ice.

Llona Reese is used to living on the run. After the Vykens killed her parents, she knew they would eventually come for her too. She can't take any chances. But when she starts to make friends for the first time in her life, she gets careless and lets her guard down. Big mistake.

As an Aura, Llona has the ability to manipulate light and harness its energy. This is the power the Vykens are after. This is what the Guardians are trained to protect. Christian has been waiting his whole life for the opportunity to fulfill his destiny as a Guardian, but Llona has other plans for him. Going against everything that she's been taught and defying the Auran Council, Llona convinces Christian to teach her how to use her power as a weapon. It may be her only hope of survival.

Rachel McClellan delivers a truly mesmerizing story that will keep you turning pages to the very end.



 Tune in next week for In My Mailbox (14)! Also, look for a giveaway SOON (as in some time this week). You won't want to miss it :)

4 comments:

  1. What a great selection of books. There are some new titles I haven't come across that I will have to take a closer look at. Great idea including some background in to why you chose a book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Hallowland sounds fantastic! Awesome haul this week!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Fractured Light looks amazing. That cover alone makes me want to buy it. Excellent mailbox.

    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.