Sunday, November 20, 2011

Building My Bookshelf (5)


This is a meme I've created here at The Reader's Antidote, which was inspired by the meme Dusty Reads from Giselle at .Xpresso Reads and the meme Books to Pine For from Kristi at The Story Siren.

This is me, bored out of my mind and deciding to create a meme. I don't really plan on it going any farther than my own blog; it's just something fun I can do on a day where there's no meme's. You see, I find myself busy on the days where there are actually meme's and on the day's there aren't, I'm stuck there twiddling my thumbs. Well, here's what happens when I twiddle my thumbs.


What is Building My Bookshelf you may ask? 

I decided to start this meme to show how I build up my bookshelf! Crazy right? I have this section of my bookshelf of novels that are my favorites EVER. Then I have a section of books I've read and liked. Below that is a section of books that I've heard are great but are still yet to be read. And finally there's the ones that I haven't read yet and haven't heard much about. So many layers and only one bookshelf (three technically but who's counting?)! I guess my thoughts were that I'd share what I already have on my shelf and what I plan to put there in the future.

Here's what I've come up with:

~ Feature two books I have on my shelf but haven't read yet. These have likely gotten noteworthy praise or they just sound like they'd be a great read.

~Feature two books that are on my Wishlist, one that is already released and another that will be released within the next year.

With all the books, I'll give a synopsis, and if they haven't been released then I'll include a publication date.

On my shelf:


Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her . . . beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing . . . it's taken away. All of it.
The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation.
Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest.
But there is a cost.
The Keeper likes to keep things.
Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late.



   
FROM BOOK 1:
Choose: A quick death…Or slow poison…

About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered an extraordinary reprieve. She'll eat the best meals, have rooms in the palace—and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia.

And so Yelena chooses to become a food taster. But the chief of security, leaving nothing to chance, deliberately feeds her Butterfly's Dust—and only by appearing for her daily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison.

As Yelena tries to escape her new dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to seize Ixia and Yelena develops magical powers she can't control. Her life is threatened again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren't so clear…



On my wishlist:
 


The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab

(already published


The Near Witch is only an old story told to frighten children.

If the wind calls at night, you must not listen. The wind is lonely, and always looking for company.

And there are no strangers in the town of Near.

These are the truths that Lexi has heard all her life.
But when an actual stranger—a boy who seems to fade like smoke—appears outside her home on the moor at night, she knows that at least one of these sayings is no longer true.
The next night, the children of Near start disappearing from their beds, and the mysterious boy falls under suspicion. Still, he insists on helping Lexi search for them. Something tells her she can trust him.
As the hunt for the children intensifies, so does Lexi’s need to know—about the witch that just might be more than a bedtime story, about the wind that seems to speak through the walls at night, and about the history of this nameless boy.
Part fairy tale, part love story, Victoria Schwab’s debut novel is entirely original yet achingly familiar: a song you heard long ago, a whisper carried by the wind, and a dream you won’t soon forget. 





Everneath by Brodi Ashton


PUBLICATION DATE: January 24th, 2012


Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.

As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's...

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these BUT I have Everneath haha :) I hope it's as awesome as it looks!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky, I want Everneath *huffs* but I can wait

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.