Friday, November 11, 2011

2012 Debut Author Challenge


I've been wanting to do this since I started blogging (July) and I was so sad when I was too late to sign up for the 2011 challenge. Now (mwuahahaha) I can finally join in on this amazing challenge, which is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, who is the best and needs no introduction.

Here's what Kristi has to say:

CHALLENGE OBJECTIVE:
  • To read & review a minimum of twelve young adult or middle grade debut novels between the dates of January 1, 2012 - January 31, 2013.*
*The 2013 extension is so that December Debuts can be read and count toward the challenge.

RULES & GUIDELINES:
  • You must have a Blog to post your reviews or be a member of Goodreads. 
  • Your blog must be written in English.
  • Deadline to join is May 31, 2012.
BOOK GUIDELINES:
  • Must be a young adult or middle grade title.
  • Must be the author’s YA or MG debut, released in 2012.
  • If an author has a previous novel published for adults or children, they can still qualify for the challenge.
  • If an author has a previous YA or MG title, they do not qualify for the challenge.
MORE INFORMATION ON THE 2012 DAC, CAN BE FOUND HERE! 

Don't forget to grab a button!! 

BOOKS:

Check out the listopia list on Goodreads: 2012 Debut Authors (Young Adult & Middle Grade).

Linsdi at Books, Sweets and other Treats & Gabrielle at The Modge Podge Bookshelf will be helping Kristi make sure the list is up to date and correct.

US DEBUT LIST:

Here is a printable PDF of 2012 debuts to be released in the US. Please be aware that this list will change and be updated as the year progresses.

Tara from Hobbitsies & Kristi will be updating this list.

To submit a title to this list contact:
  • Tara: taratgonzalez(at)gmail(dot)com
  • Kristi: thestorysiren(at)hotmail(dot)com*
*If you're in a hurry to get a book added, it's best to contact Tara.


I'm so excited for this!! I was going to read most of those books on the Goodreads list, but it's great being part of a challenge with so many people involved.

Here's my attempted list (12 YA debut novels):

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Everneath (Everneath #1) by Brodi Ashton
Incarnate (New Soul #1) by Jodi Meadows
Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer
Tempest (Tempest #1) by Julie Cross (own e-ARC)
Fracture by Megan Miranda (own e-ARC)
Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #1) by Jessica Spotswood
Above by Leah Bobet
Slide by Jill Hathaway
The Selection (The Selection #1) by Kiera Cass
Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
Fractured Light by Rachel McClellan (own e-ARC)

If I have time for more (in order):

When the Sea is Rising Red by Cat Hellisen
The Gathering Storm (Katerina Alexandrova #1) by Robin Bridges
Article 5 (Article 5 #1) by Kristen Simmons
Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters #1) by Jessica Shirvington
The Alchemy of Forever (Incarnation #1) by Avery Williams
The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg
The Other Life by Susanne Winnacker

2 comments:

  1. hi nicole, thx for including THE ALCHEMY OF FOREVER on your list! happy reading.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.