Sunday, October 9, 2011

Silence (Hush, Hush #3) by Becca Fitzpatrick: review

Goodreads rating: 4.42
Hardcover, 438 pages

Published October 4th 2011 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing

ISBN
1442426640 (ISBN13: 9781442426641)
Characters
The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.
5/5
 A wonderful third installment to the Hush, Hush series. I loved it from start to finish. It didn't have the same heart-wrenching feeling as Crescendo gave me, but I read it in a couple days and that's only because I had to sleep. Yes, I really did. I'm always finding myself finishing these books quickly. Becca's writing reads so well I don't realize how long I've read until I'm more than half of the way through. Maybe it has something to do with Patch. Mmmmm.... Patch. I went to a signing for this author, as well as Moira Young (Blood Red Road) and Elizabeth Miles (Fury) and I won a humongous poster of Patch and Nora. You can check out the whole post here, but in case you're lazy, here's the full size:


Tell me you're not salivating right now? I know I am every time I walk into my room and see this set of beautiful pecs and washboard abs. 
Wait, back to the book. I was distracted... Okay, so, this was one of the books I was most looking forward to this year. I feel like a lot of books are debuting late this year, and I was glad to see the release of one of my favorites. It was so aggravating in the beginning when Nora couldn't remember anything (the synopsis from Goodreads and the synopsis from the inside flap are totally different), especially that she couldn't remember Patch. It just killed me. And then... sigh... they find their way back to each other. No thanks to two-timing Hank, AKA the Black Hand, Nora's biological father and a very powerful Nephilim who wants revenge on the fallen angels who possess their bodies one week out of the year. Not only that, Hank is making the moves on Nora's mom and using his powers to cloud her head. But Nora isn't about to let that happen.With Patch's help, she sets out to take her revenge on Hank. Scott was also an interesting add to the story. I almost saw a love triangle forming, but Patch and Nora have that relationship that doesn't leave room for anyone else. I'm excited for the fourth book, but I don't want to have to wait!

9 comments:

  1. I just finished this one and it was SO GOOD! I can't wait for the last installment, but I need it right now! I need to find out what happens!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it wasn't as bad of a cliffhanger as Crescendo was! She said at the signing that we would be tempted to track her down and shoot her after this one, but I thought it was a good set-up for the final one. Which needs to come out NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does need to come out now! I hate when a book in a series comes out so you buy it right away, and then finish it, and then you have to wait like a year for the next one >:( I need to knoww what happens!!!! This was such a cliffhanger!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one but have not read yet...I loved the first one so much but sorta lost interest. I will revisit this series soon. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These books have the best covers. I can't wait to give it a try. I really hope I like it as much as you do.

    And yes, those abs are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this book, too. Not as much as Crescendo, but it was good! The plot is really thickening, when we find out more about Hank and his evilness. I have actually become Team Scott after reading this one. Patch never did it much for me, anyways. I know its, crazy, everyone loves him, but I don't like the way he treats Nora. And I think she has more of a friend in Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked the ending to Silence. I felt the loose ends were beginning to tie up and will have a great lead in for Finale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to read this book! It's been sitting on my shelf for quite some time. I can't wait to read it and then the final book is coming out this year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved, loved, loved this book! Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.