Sunday, October 30, 2011

Show some gratitude: What book are you most thankful for this year?


 Beth Revis, author of Across the Universe and the upcoming A Million Suns, is hosting an absolutely amazing contest on her blog. But first, I'll say the book I'm most thankful for. This is actually quite hard for me because it's so hard to pick just one, but I think I'm going to have to go with Divergent by Veronica Roth.


Reading that this summer really got me into dystopians (who knows when I would have started The Hunger Games if not for this book piquing my interest). It also made me fall in love with ARC's. I won an ARC of it on Facebook when it first was published, and there's something about holding an unfinished copy in your hands. It gives you tingles, which I'm sure all you bloggers know. On top of that, I happened to be at one of the Dark Days tour stops this summer and got it signed by her, which really got me into signings. Without that, I wouldn't have gone to all these signings this month, and met all these awesome people (including authors!). Who knows, maybe with all these chain of events, it even sparked my want to be a book blogger. My review of this novel is one of my first posts.

Anyway, onto the contest! Here's what Beth says:

So this month, in honor of Thanksgiving and all that I've got to be thankful for, I want to thank you, the wonderful people who've been with me on this insanely glorious journey. And to do that, I've turned to some of the fantastic friends I've made along the way.

I tracked down every author I thanked in my acknowledgements--the ones who blurbed me, the ones who critiqued me, the ones who became my friends, and I got a signed copy of each of their books. Add that to a copy of Across the Universe and an ARC of A Million Suns, and this giveaway is...HUGE. 19-signed-books-plus-swag-and-more HUGE.
 Already this sounds awesome, right? Well, wait to you see the 19 books she's giving away!


One winner will receive:
SIGNED Advance Reader Copy of A Million Suns
SIGNED paperback of Across the Universe
Swag: bookmarks, bracelet, pin button, and poster
SIGNED paperback of Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
SIGNED hardback of Graveminder by Melissa Marr
Signed bookmark of Supernaturally and swag from Carrie
SIGNED paperback of Solstice by PJ Hoover
PRE-ORDER of Incarnate by Jodi Meadows, with SIGNED bookplate 
Stickers for Incarnate trading cards for Solstice 
SIGNED hardback of Memento Nora by Angie Smibert
SIGNED hardback of The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch
SIGNED hardback of Possession by Elana Johnson
SIGNED paperback of XVI by Julia Karr
SIGNED hardback of Hourglass by Myra McEntire
SIGNED hardback of The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell
SIGNED hardback of The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
Bookmarks, swag, and a signed bookplate from Saundra
(which you could use for the sequel, The Springsweet)
SIGNED hardback of Wither by Lauren de Stefano
That includes a hand-written sneak-peek of the sequel, Fever!
SIGNED paperback of The Liar Society by Lisa and Laura Roecker
Swag from Matt Blackstone, Keri Mikulski, Stacia Kehoe, Helen Landalf, Caroline Starr, Carrie Harris, Sonia Gensler, Ruta Sepetys, Terry Johnson, Kristen Hubbard, Sara Bennet Wealer, and Kim Harrington--much of is signed!
  
Umm... I think I forgot how to breathe... And, if you don't end up being the winner of this "metric ton" box of awesomeness, don't fret! There will be four runner-ups! Here's what they get:
ONE person will get:
SIGNED paperback of Across the Universe
Bookmarks, poster, pin button, and bracelet swag
Box of Turkish Delight (to celebrate the book I'm most grateful for!)
 
THREE people will get:
SIGNED paperback of Across the Universe
Bookmarks, poster, pin button, and bracelet swag
 
So get on over to Beth's blog, check it out, and if you're a blogger create a post of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.