Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Pen Fatale Tour recap

Today I had the pleasure of meeting with four wonderful authors at Vroman's in Pasadena. Sadly, I've only read one of the author's books, but I've heard great things about all of them. At the stop was Jessica Brody, Alyson Noel, Gabrielle Zevin, and Mary E. Pearson.




Mary actually sat with some of the audience before and, since I was sitting near a bunch of younger girls with their moms, she asked us all what grade we were in. They were all freshmen in high school. And what am I? A junior in college... I feel so old. Anywho, she was just the sweetest. Gabrielle was a little out of it, since I guess she had taken an antihistamine earlier that day and couldn't concentrate. She even forgot what her book was about! :D So cute! Jessica Brody was sweet and Alyson Noel wasn't afraid to speak up. All in all, a very awesome tour stop. I had been hoping Alexandra Adornetto was going to show up, but Jessica told me that she couldn't fit the tour into her college schedule (she just started!), so sadly I wasn't able to meet her. But the questions were great (I was the brave first one, and with a bunch of shy freshmen what do you expect) and there was actually a moderator that wasn't an author. I can't wait to start these books. The authors knew how to make them sound interesting. I feel bad for Alyson. I had so much for her to sign. But luckily she's a sweetheart and didn't mind. This Friday will be my stop on the Dark Days tour with Claudia Gray, Kiersten White, Anna Carey, and Amy Garvey.


3 comments:

  1. You're all over the place! You must be so wiped out from all the traveling lol. Looks like you're having a lot of fun though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's pretty much killing me, but I love it! The woman that runs all these signings knows me now so that's kind of funny... You excited for tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah that's awesome! You're like, get me some hookups! I'm so excited for tonight!!! I'm dying :) I have Mara already to be signed, with a post it with your name on it! SO EXCITED!! I'm really excited to meet Moira Young too! Blood Red Road was one of my favorites of the year :)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.