Friday, October 14, 2011

Follow Friday (5) + Double Cover Reveal

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.


Question of the week:

Q: If you could have characters from a book meet and form an epic storyline with characters from a TV series, which characters would you choose and why?


Actually, this isn't hard at all. I'm a huge paranormal fanatic, so the show that automatically came to mind was Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's one of my favorite shows EVER! So I can only pair it with my favorite book series ever, and that's The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. They would all totally kick butt together, and at least Angel would have a fellow vampire that's actually nice. I think Jace might get a little jealous of Angel and Clary might get a little jealous of Buffy, but both couples have these relationships where nothing would happen. Seriously, if I could read about this or watch this on TV, I think I would die of happiness.


Cover Reveal

First up is The Savage Grace, the third installment in the Dark Divine series by Bree Despain. This is one of my favorite series, and this cover is just gorgeous!

A troubled soul. An impossible choice. A final battle.

Wrestling with the werewolf curse pulsing deep inside of her, Grace Divine was finally able to find her brother, but it nearly cost her everything.

With her boyfriend, Daniel, stuck in wolf form and Sirhan's death approaching, time is running out for Grace to stop Caleb Kalbi and his gang of demons. If she fails, her family and hometown will perish. Everything rests on Grace's shoulders.

The final installment in The Dark Divine trilogy brings Daniel and Grace's love story to a breathtaking conclusion.



The next cover, which seems to be everywhere on the book blogosphere, is the second book in the Anna Dressed in Blood series by Kendare Blake, Girl of Nightmares.

FROM ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD:

Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead.
So did his father before him, until he was gruesomely murdered by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father's mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. Together they follow legends and local lore, trying to keep up with the murderous dead—keeping pesky things like the future and friends at bay.
When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn't expect anything outside of the ordinary: track, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he's never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, now stained red and dripping with blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home.
But she, for whatever reason, spares Cas's life.

7 comments:

  1. I could so totally watch that! Angel is part of my answer as well! New Follower hopping thru for FF. Have a great weekend and Check out my response at Gimme The Scoop Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything with Angel wins my vote! I also had a Buffy FF answers. Great minds think alike.

    New Follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Buffy, too, but sadly I haven't read The Mortal Instruments series yet :( But anything with Buffy would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like a lot of people put Buffy. It's the only great teen paranormal show.

    Christy, you should really read The Mortal Instruments it's so SOOOOOOO good! Ask anyone, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I'm the only person in the world not to have read The Mortal Instruments, I'd watch Buffy and Angel do anything together.

    New follower. I love your blog design; it's such a cute play on a familiar image. You know, if Snow White had read more, she would have totally spotted the Evil Queen's disguise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with you !

    I'm a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you TG! And that's so true lol she would already know her story. You should definitely start the Mortal Instruments. It's worth every penny you spend on the series.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.