Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (3)

HarperCollins has announced its newest great debut, DARK EDEN, the riveting page-turner set in a mysterious place where teenagers go to face their fears. This new YA novel will be available everywhere on November 1st. Believe me, if you take a look at all the awesome adds they're putting out for this novel, it must be worth it. Already they have a Facebook fan page and an official website!


DARK EDEN, by New York Times bestselling author Patrick Carman is a provocative exploration of fear, betrayal, memory, and ultimately immortality.
 
SYNOPSIS: Will Besting, along with six other teenagers, all suffer from crippling secrets and phobias. Together they are sent to Fort Eden, an old, eerie and mysterious place that holds the promise of a cure for each of them. Not knowing what to expect but eager to be cured, they take turns in mysterious fear chambers and confront their worst nightmares. When the patients emerge from the chamber, they feel emboldened by the previous night’s experience, but each person soon discovers something strange and unexplainable has happened to them.

According to the publisher, DARK EDEN can be experienced in two ways: "The series is enhanced by a downloadable app that enriches the elements of the traditional narrative through innovative story artifacts including still images, audio recordings, videos, scans, and text entries. For a complete explanation of how the app experience works, check out this video from author Patrick Carman. The DARK EDEN app is available now on the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and all Android enabled devices."

Also, here's the link to the trailer: DE trailer
 
To get a taste of what's to come, download THE ARRIVAL, the first free episode, available through the DARK EDEN mobile app in the Apple/iOS App Store and the Android Market.

This one sounds pretty awesome guys. I don't know about you, but I'm going to read it as soon as possible! 

And since this is Teaser Tuesday...


DARK EDEN, page 1:
Why are we hiding in this room all alone?
     There will be no shortage of questions about Fort Eden, the seven, Rainsford, David, Mrs. Goring, the program. But the first question, the one that will set all things in motion, will be a simple one. It will be asked when they find me.


Sound interesting? Then check out all the extra stuff before this teaser and get ready to get your own copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.