Wednesday, September 28, 2011

In My Mailbox (8)


In My Mailbox is a meme posted by Kristi over at The Story Siren, where you create a post of the books you either received in the mail, bought at a bookstore, or borrowed from the library. If you'd like to know my thoughts about IMM, check out the link near the top of my blog called In My Mailbox. Simple, right? Anyway, onto the books!


NOTE: If you're unfamiliar with how I do things with my IMM, I basically give a little back story to the books I have pictured. Also, if there are ARC's, I'll give a synopsis and date published.

From Amazon:

~Plague by Michael Grant: I actually got this signed earlier today. There were literally only like 5 people there so it was a more personal author event. I'll post up a recap of the event soon. I'm very excited to start this series now that I've met the man behind the books.

~Hades by Alexandra Adornetto: So I thought this author was going to be part of the Pen Fatale tour with Alyson Noel, Jessica Brody, and Mary E. Pearson, and as I have yet to start this series, I bought it for that reason. But it turns out she's no longer with the tour... Oh well, I'll get to this series eventually. And I like the cover.

~Possess by Gretchen McNeil: On Sunday I'll be getting this copy signed by the author! I'm so excited to meet her and start this awesome book. Once I finish it and write up review, I'll also be featuring an interview with Gretchen, so look for that sometime this month. Obviously, I'll be reviewing this one.

~Fury by Elizabeth Miles: This is another event author, who I'll be seeing later this month with Becca Fitzpatrick and Moira Young. Lately this hasn't gotten the best reviews, but I always love mythology books, and the cover is just so perty! I'll likely be reviewing this one.

~All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin: I've had her first novel, Elsewhere, on my shelf for a while. She's also part of the Pen Fatale tour. I'm actually really excited to read this one, despite some reviews.

~Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon: I've always heard great things about this book and it sounds awesome. This is another author that I'll be meeting this Sunday. I hope to get pictures of every author for you to gander at.

Tune in next week for In My Mailbox (9)! And don't forget to check out the swag giveaway that's going on until the end of October (to which I'm probably adding even more goodies to)!! 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff! I can't wait to read Possess! That book looks amazing! I've been putting off getting Fury, I've read a lot of mixed reviews, but my bestie is reading the Gone series and she LOVES it, so I need to get to that one :) Great haul!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice haul! I really want to read Possess it sounds so cool and perfect for Halloween! Also, I see that you're reading Shatter Me. I read it a few weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. Hope you are too!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads
    P.S. I've also got a new giveaway on my blog for Remembrance if you want to enter.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.