Friday, September 2, 2011

Follow Friday (3)

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

Here's the question of the day:

Q. If you could change the ending of any book (or series), which book would you choose? And, why?

The Hunger Games series, hands down. I loved how the series was going and I could see that it was worth all the hype it was getting. And then, the ending was horrible. Barely anything was solved and I was just left wanting. Okay, so mostly everything was solved political-wise, but not really relationship-wise. It was honestly one of the most disappointing endings of a series as good as the Hunger Games is. As a side note, the random epilogue at the end of the Harry Potter series seemed a bit pointless. It should have been left open-ended. But nothing compares to how angry and let-down I felt about the ending of this great dystopian trilogy. I was waiting for it to get better, to make me feel something. But when I got to the last page, I realized that wasn't going to happen.

9 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about Mockingjay. The first book was amazing and by the end it just fell apart! New follower.

    -Kat
    http://katmuntser-reviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently reading Girl of Fire and Thorns too, I think it's great! Unfortunately for me, Hunger Games is up next I think. :)

    I'm a new follower, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't get me wrong, Hunger Games is a great series. Don't go in thinking you'll be disappointed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the series overall but, Mockingjay just didn't end the way I expected!

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. although I liked the random epiloge in Harry Potter -- I agree it should've just ended where it did. and then all the fanfiction could've picked up from that part!

    Trish - Friday's Memes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't read Mockinjay, but I know many were disappointed. I can't say that I didn't like the epilogue of HP either, since I wanted to know more about the after. Although I wouldn't have minded her writing a shorter novella or something about it, lol. It was a bit short when just popping in where it did...

    Have a happy weekend, I'm a new follower! :) My FF can be found here!

    Rebecca
    Kindle Fever

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am an old follower!
    Hope you will stop by and check out my new multi-author blog 'The Writers Voice' with myself, Kristie Cook, Jamie Magee, Kim Richardson, Keary Taylor, Victoria Simcox, Jessica Sorensen, Brenda Pandos, Samantha Young, Jayde Scott, Megg Jensen, Danyelle Leafty and guest authors!

    The Writers Voice
    "Where you get to know the people behind the pages."


    If you suggest your favorite author in the comments we will see if we can contact them for an interview, guest post or other exclusive content!

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://ourbooksourvoice.blogspot.com/
    http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.