Tuesday, August 30, 2011

In My Mailbox (4)


In My Mailbox is a meme posted by Kristi over at The Story Siren, where you create a post of the books you either received in the mail, bought at a bookstore, or borrowed from the library. If you'd like to know my thoughts about IMM, check out the link near the top of my blog called In My Mailbox. Simple, right? Anyway, onto the books!


NOTE: If you're unfamiliar with how I do things with my IMM, I basically give a little back story to the books I have pictured. Also, if there are ARC's, I'll give a synopsis and date published.

~ Deadly Little Lies by Laurie Faria Stolarz: Another book where I bought it because it was the last copy at Borders, but I have yet to read the first one. I loved her Blue is for Nightmares series when I was in middle school and I can't wait to start this series.

~ The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness: I'm not exactly sure what this is about, but I've seen it in polls on Goodreads and I've heard pretty good things about it. It also sounds really interesting and has been calling to me for a while now. This was also a last copy deal at Borders.

~Kiss Me Kill Me by Lauren Henderson: I always find the second and third books of this one, but never the first. Luckily, I had my radar vision on when I was at Borders and scoped out the first one! The second one was also there but I decided that might not be the best idea... I'll probably buy it this week sometime if it's still there.

~ Forgiven by Janet Fox: As always, I am a cover whore. I mean, seriously, what's with all these dresses on the covers of YA lit these days? Actually, the covers in YA now send out a signal saying, "This is YA and awesome. READ ME!!!!" I am such a lost cause. Oh, and it sounds interesting.

~Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson: You know, when I first saw this title in hardcover, I was in my Twilight book phase and so I automatically thought of that scene in his car where it comes on for the first time. Nothing like the movie. So, of course, I'm intrigued.

~The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney: This book hasn't gotten the best reviews, but it sounds interesting to me. Also, the cover is gorgeous and you know me! And it was 50% off at Borders... can't beat that. Well, you can, but it might not be there when the prices drop.

~Wildefire by Karsten Knight: It's strange. Before the book was actually released, I heard nothing but good things. Now, I'm not so sure. Getting mixed messages here people! Ah well, I guess I'll just have to find out for myself. And the cover!! Gets me every time.

~Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver: Yes, you read right. This was the big surprise I mentioned in my last In My Mailbox, a wonderful lovely ARC of Lauren Oliver's debut book for middle grade readers. I won it on another blogger's site and soon, very soon, I will be reviewing it here on my blog for all of you. I'm also going to a signing of hers in October, so yay! Although this version is already signed, but I've already utilized my cheesy line of signed, sealed, delivered.

Tune in next week for In My Mailbox (5)! And don't forget to check out the swag giveaway I'm about to post as long as my internet stays intact long enough.

1 comment:

  1. Nice mailbox this week. I really enjoyed reading Wildefire. It is definitely not the cookie cutter YA books that are out now a days.
    Hope you enjoy your new books,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.