Tuesday, August 23, 2011

In My Mailbox (3)

 
In My Mailbox is a meme posted by Kristi over at The Story Siren, where you create a post of the books you either received in the mail, bought at a bookstore, or borrowed from the library. If you'd like to know my thoughts about IMM, check out the link near the top of my blog called In My Mailbox. Simple, right? Anyway, onto the books!


NOTE: If you're unfamiliar with how I do things with my IMM, I basically give a little back story to the books I have pictured. Also, if there are ARC's, I'll give a synopsis and date published.

Hereafter by Tara Hudson: This book just sounds amazing, and I've only heard great reviews for it. When I was in Australia I really wanted a copy. But my Dad (the annoying holder of all Australian money) said we'd get it another time because I'd bought too many already. Which was true, but hey, he kept his word. I'm now the proud owner of a hardcover. Take that! Oh, and it's another steal from Borders. I will likely be reviewing this one.

Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma: Another novel where I've heard only the best. I tried to win a few copies of this one somewhere along the road. At least I have a copy now! Nearly stolen from Borders. I will likely be reviewing this one.

Stork by Wendy Delsol: The main reason for this purchase was because I received an e-ARC of the sequel, which is called Frost. Obviously, I didn't want to to read the second one without having read the first, and now I can. Another one from Borders.

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick: If you keep up with my blog at all, you know that I've already read and written a review for this book. So why did I buy another copy? Two reasons. One: it was $2.99, I don't think that needs justification. And two: I didn't buy it for me, I bought it for you guys. Yes, you read right, either when I hit 50 or 100 followers on this blog, I will be giving away a signed copy of Hush, Hush. Is this incentive to get more people to follow? Mmmm maybe...

Deception by Lee Nichols: I got wind of this book not only at Borders, but also at Mundie Moms, where they were having a contest for it. I've picked it up a couple times to buy, but didn't until last week at the closing Borders. It definitely looks intriguing.

The Secret Life of Prince Charming by Deb Caletti: As if that title doesn't just suck you in. Who wouldn't want to know about the secret life of prince charming. That's what made me buy this book, besides the fact that it was $2.99.

Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder: You have no idea how long I've looked for this one. I have the first two (admittedly sitting on my bookshelf), and for the life of me I couldn't find the third one! Luckily, Borders had one copy in the YA section. I grabbed it up quick, and reveled in my spoils.

Guardian of the Gate by Michelle Zink: Last week, I introduced the first book of this series in my IMM, and now I own the second in the series. I seriously need to stop buying books... it's a serious condition. What kind of person buys the sequel to a book they haven't even read yet?! *cough* me *cough*

Tune in next week for In My Mailbox (4)! I may have to feature a couple of my bargains from Australia, but there's something awesome coming in the mail for me, so hold onto that until next Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. New follower :) Wow! You got some awesome books, lucky!

    Thanks for signing up for the Bright, Young, & Luxe giveaway hop!

    !Tiffany @ For Those About to Read...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm just happy that I don't have to buy them myself :D I'd be so broke by now.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.