Wednesday, August 17, 2011

In My Mailbox (2)

Likely no one will read this since I'm posting it so late but the point is I'm posting it now within the confines of this day. If you read this, I love you and now have proof that you must be an insomniac. In My Mailbox is hosted every week by The Story Siren.If you'd like to know my thoughts about IMM, check out the link near the top of my blog called In My Mailbox. Simple, right? Anyway, onto the books!

NOTE: If you're unfamiliar with how I do things with my IMM, I basically give a little back story to the books I have pictured. Also, if there are ARC's, I'll give a synopsis and date published.

~Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter: I actually received this one in my mailbox. Sealed, signed, and delivered - literally! Thanks to the girls at Free Book Fridays, I won a signed copy of this one. I haven't yet read the first one, Heist Society, but luckily it was on uber sale at Amazon. I've heard nothing but good things about this series and I can't wait to start reading!

~Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink: I've heard nothing but amazing things about this series, despite the ratings on Goodreads. This is a Borders steal and I'm very intrigued by it.

~Love Story by Jennifer Echols: I love everything this woman has written. Especially her MTV books. I think I tried to win an ARC of this a couple times but to no avail. Another great steal from Borders.

~Hexbound by Chloe Neill: This book and the first one (Firespell) have always caught my eye in the book store. I bought Firespell a while ago and for some reason thought I owned Hexbound. Well, now I do! If this is about witches, I'm already wary, but we shall see.

~The Goblin War by Hilari Bell: This is an ARC! A special thanks to the people at HarperTeen for sending me a copy to review.

SYNOPSIS: Hilari Bell’s thrilling finale to the Goblin trilogy! Alliances are once again tested, and the fate of the entire kingdom rests in the hands of some unexpected heroes.

A multitude of vicious barbarians is out to take over the Realm. The only ones who know what it will take to stop them are teenage hedgewitch Makenna, former knight Tobin, his well-meaning but often na├»ve younger brother, Jeriah—and a whole lot of goblins. They’ll need to work together to formulate a plan. The answer lies with the Otherworld Spirits and also with the blood amulets that give infinite power to the barbarians. The question is: Can they band together and save the Realm in time?

Readers will relish the intricate politics, high adventure, and intensely satisfying conclusion to this epic trilogy. Master storyteller Hilari Bell’s world-building fantasy-adventure has just the right combination of complexity and accessibility and will appeal to fans of Kristin Cashore’s
Graceling


Hardcover, 320 pages

Expected publication: October 11th 2011 by HarperTeen

ISBN
0061651052 (ISBN13: 9780061651052)


~Frost by Marianna Baer: This is an ARC! A special thanks to the people at HarperTeen for sending me a copy to review.

SYNOPSIS: Leena Thomas’s senior year at boarding school begins with a shock: Frost House, her cozy dorm of close friends, has been assigned an unexpected roommate: confrontational, eccentric Celeste Lazar. But while Leena’s anxiety about a threat to her sanctuary proves valid, it becomes less and less clear whether the threat lies with her new roommate, within Leena’s own mind, or within the very nature of Frost House itself. Mysterious happenings in the dorm, an intense triangle between Leena, Celeste, and Celeste’s brother, and the reawakening of childhood fears, all push Leena to take increasingly desperate measures to feel safe. Frost is the story of a haunting. As to whether the demons are supernatural or psychological . . . well, which answer would let you sleep at night?


Hardcover, 400 pages
Expected publication: September 13th 2011 by Balzer & Bray

~Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey: This is an ARC! A special thanks to the people at HarperTeen for sending me a copy to review. I will also be attending a signing of hers, so check out my Signings page for details.

SYNOPSIS: “It seemed so right. Danny was mine, I was his, and that wasn’t going to work if he was dead. So I would make him not dead, not anymore. I didn’t think any further than what it would feel like to kiss him again, to wrap my arms around him and bury my head against his shoulder.
That was my first mistake. It also turned out to be the biggest.”


When her boyfriend, Danny, is killed in a car accident, Wren can’t imagine living without him. Wild with grief, she uses the untamed powers she’s inherited to bring him back. But the Danny who returns is just a shell of the boy she once loved.

Wren has spent four months keeping Danny hidden, while her life slowly unravels around her. Then Gabriel DeMarnes transfers to her school and somehow, inexplicably, he can sense her secret. Wren finds herself drawn to Gabriel, who is so much more alive than the ghost of the boy she loved. But Wren can’t turn her back on Danny or the choice she made for him—and she realizes she must find a way to make things right, even if it means breaking her own heart.

Amy Garvey’s transcendent teen debut is perfect for fans of Shiver and Beautiful Creatures. Wren’s unforgettable voice and story will stay with readers long after the last page is turned.


Hardcover, 336 pages
Expected publication: September 20th 2011 by HarperTeen
ISBN
006199622X (ISBN13: 9780061996221)


Tune in next time for In My Mailbox (3)! I already have a great lineup.



1 comment:

  1. Great lineup, Nicole! Can't wait to read your reviews of the ARCs! :)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.