Friday, August 12, 2011

Follow Friday! (1)

Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by two blogs: Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read. Each host have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow them to show off more new blogs!

Q. How has your reading habits changed since you were a teen? or If you are still a teen what new genres are you in love with currently? 

Well, I'm only 20 so not much has changed. I started with the Harry Potter books, but I didn't know what to read between releases. One of my friends was really excited about a series of books being made into movies, called Twilight. That's when I started reading Twilight and all the other books, and that vaulted me into the YA genre. I'm still in love with this genre and I'm writing a YA novel of my own.

I read a lot more than I used to. If I'm reading a good book, I'll ignore everyone for a good solid three hours at least. That's how it was with The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. She is without a doubt my favorite author right now, and while I only have one friend that reads nearly as much as I do, I've definitely made another follower of this amazing author. I've also gone to more signings recently, so that has definitely changed about me. And my TBR pile is mostly YA, and anything else is pretty much the classics or books I read in high school. I don't think I'll ever stop reading young adult novels. There's a certain innocence to it that adult books lack. These characters are all just finding out about themselves, and teens are constrained in a way adults aren't, creating more drama and issues. I love everything about this genre!

10 comments:

  1. I love the way you described the difference between adult and YA! I completely agree! Check out my FF over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books if ya like!
    *new follower
    Courtney
    Oh, and make sure you enter my giveaway! It ends tonight!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Courtney! I wonder if my tastes will change like yours did. As of now, I definitely don't read biographies or memoirs, but who knows! And thanks for the giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower here! My teen years are not that far away from my current age (22) but my reading habits have changed so drastically, haha, but I also enjoyed HP and Twilight when I was a teen!

    My #FF: http://skyink.net/?p=2635

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping by to visit and follow! I like that about YA characters, too--the way that so much of life is ahead of them and how they have so many possibilities. At the same time, they're usually stuck in one small place, like school, so it's a balance of freedom and captivity. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jinny, I still feel like I'm a teenager (the whole not-21-yet thing), but I think it's because I'm writing a YA book that I still read it. Not the only reason lol.

    Tiger Holland, that's definitely why I love YA. As you said, so many possibilities, but at the same time they're constrained by the most simple things

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Nicole! I've just become a follower of your BEAUTIFUL blog!!

    I agree wth you regarding the YA genre -- it's definitely more appealing in many ways than adult fiction, particularly because of this 'innocence' you mention. I still read adult fiction, but it seems that, in the past year or so, I've been gravitating more and more toward the YA genre.

    As for the authors you like -- I ADORE Stepheni Meyer, and I've heard a lot of great things about Cassandra Clare! I have her Mortal Instruments series, which I really MUST get into!!

    Come check out my FF post!

    http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-my-book-blog-friday-hop-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there,
    Stopping by via Parajunkee's Follow Friday. I'm following you.

    Have a great weekend!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on finishing your first YA novel! The revision part can be hard and long, but it's totally worth it (speaking from a person who is still revising her own first unpublished novel).

    Stopping by as part of the hop to follow you! Here's my blog:

    http://fansoffiction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. YA FTW! there's a whole lot more variety on that genre I totally agree on that :D

    I'm a new follower feel free to drop by http://kimyunalesca.blogspot.com/

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maria, thanks so much! You should definitely start The Mortal Instruments series. You won't regret it!

    Jenna and Ashley, I feel like I've just been editing forever! Good thing though, because the original draft was horrible. :D

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.