Wednesday, July 20, 2011

This is a sad day... Borders Books is officially out of business

Well, that's it then. Borders Booksellers is closing the rest of their stores and boarding up (pun intended?). Borders is the only actual bookstore I go to anymore, since B & N never comes out with very many coupons for their non-paying members. Yes, there's still Amazon, but there's just something about walking into a bookstore and having the satisfaction of buying a book at the counter with a coupon in hand. But it's two sides of the same coin; I'm sad that in a few months I won't be able to shop at the one near my house anymore and relish in it's amazing stock of books, but in these next few months I'll be able to stack up my bookcase with discounted books. It may be a selfish way of looking at this, but hey, at least I'm helping them close out quicker. Goodbye Borders, you were loved. *tear*

Here's one of the many articles in case you're interested: http://tomsriver.patch.com/articles/borders-closing-all-remaining-stores-assets-liquidated-by-september-2

3 comments:

  1. Sad: Bookstores are dying out.
    Happy: Cheap books. Don't go to bookstores anyway.

    Call me torn! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I thought it was going to be only some of the stores closing down, not ALL of them. *cue sad opera music*

    Awesome blog! I love writer/reviewer bloggers considering I am one myself. Can't wait to read your Iron Knight review. I'm currently reading it as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No they just announced yesterday that they're closing all of them now.

    And thanks, if you have a blog on here, let me know! I can't wait to finish The Iron Knight, but I'm sad the series is ending.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.