Monday, July 18, 2011

Passion (Fallen #3) by Lauren Kate: review

Goodreads rating: 3.83
Hardcover, 432 pages
Published June 14th 2011 by Random House Children's Books
ISBN
0385739168 (ISBN13: 9780385739160)
Series

Luce would die for Daniel.
And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. . . .
Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel . . . and finally unlock the key to making their love last.
Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history.
Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames . . . forever.
Sweeping across centuries, PASSION is the third novel in the unforgettably epic FALLEN series.


4/5
I'm really not sure what to make of this one. This series has changed so much since Fallen. I absolutely adored the first installment, having read it in one day. Torment was... not up to my expectations. It always seems like in the second book, the main female character has to make a bunch of stupid decisions and have the male love interest be on the wrong end of the decision. I had lower expectations for this one, but was pleasantly surprised. At first it was slow-going, but then it really grabbed my attention and took me on a ride.

It was really interesting visiting all of Luce's past lives. I can only imagine the research that went into all the different times and places that Announcer would pop her into. I also loved seeing all the different Daniels throughout history. He was always gorgeous, of course, and always insanely in love with Luce. I was reading a few other reviews, and people still didn't understand why they love each other, and I thought it was pretty obvious. I don't know how many times it was mentioned that there soul mates. And the whole point of soul mates is that there isn't really any reason. It just is.

All in all, it was an enjoyable read. None of them have been as good as the first one, but the way this one leaves off gives me hope for an awesome fourth and final novel.




*SPOILERS*
*seething* Bill... I should have seen it coming. I mean, really, how can you trust a little ugly stone gargoyle? And how Satan - the little stony gargoyle - tricked Daniel as well as Luce. Well, I just hope his plan to wipe the slate clean and never have the Fallen be cursed and have to choose Heaven or Hell fails. I know it will, because it's YA, but I'm really curious how it's all going to go down.

I'm glad that whole thing with Miles is over. Stupid stupid girl! At least now she realizes how much grueling pain Daniel has endured each time she dies and he's waiting for her soul to be reborn. She finally got her answer to why her and Daniel belong together, and hopefully her stupid-decision-maker will be shut down permanently.

8 comments:

  1. I find Fallen a horrible book. I do plan on reading all books from the series but honestly, it's one of the worst young adult books I've read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny I've heard such mixed reviews for Fallen, and I loved it. But now I feel like the story has gotten weird, with the Announcer's and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just couldn't finish this book! It's so....ughhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this surprises me..I enjoyed these books and love the covers. Why such a bad rap?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm kind of skeptical of this series. I've heard a lot of sketchy things about them. If you didn't love it, I'm guessing I probably won't either. But the covers are so pretty, I know I'll try them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this book. I agree that it wasn't as good as book one, but I liked getting a glimpse at all of Luce's past lives. It helped me understand Daniel and his love for Luce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only thing that kept me going was Bill!=))teehee~

    ReplyDelete
  8. The covers on this series are so gorgeous!! I have only read the first book, Fallen, but I need to catch up before Rapture comes out!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.